Guild meetings are held at the Church of Our Savior, 1165 Rio Road E., Charlottesville, VA on the fourth Monday of every month (except December). We meet in the fellowship hall behind the stone church, off Huntington Road, where there is plenty of parking. We start at 12:30 PM for coffee and social time, followed by a business meeting and a program, generally ending by 3:00 PM.
Visitors are always welcome! Please join us at any of our meetings or events.
Each month, as part of our Guild’s member meeting, we offer a program intended to inform, educate, and expand our members’ skills as water-media artists. The following synopses lists the programs for our 2020 meetings.
- January 27– “Brushes? Pencils? Water?” with Kitty Dodd
- February 24– “Acrylic Pouring Technique” with Jan Settle
- March 23– Member Painting Critique with Lyn Bolen Warren
- April 27– “Sketching as a Practice” with Carole Pivarnik
- May 18– Transcendence in Nature” with Mary Margaret Pipkin
- June 22– Member Painting Critique with Kelly Lonergan
- July 27– To Be Announced
- August 24– Member Painting Critique with Trish and Sue
- September 28– “Inside the Artist’s Studio” with Pat Williams, Trish Crowe, and Leigh Culver
- October 26– “Using Negative Shape to Create Detailed Paintings” with Mary Allen
- November 23– Annual Luncheon and swearing-in of new officers
- December– No meeting