Guild meetings are held at the Church of Our Savior, 1165 Rio Road E., Charlottesville, VA on the fourth Monday of every month (except December). We meet in the fellowship hall behind the stone church, off Huntington Road, where there is plenty of parking. We start at 12:30 PM for coffee and social time, followed by a business meeting and a program, generally ending by 3:00 PM.
Visitors are always welcome! Please join us at any of our meetings or events.
Each month, as part of our Guild’s member meeting, we offer a program intended to inform, educate, and expand our members’ skills as water-media artists. The following synopses lists the programs for our 2020 meetings.
- March 23– Member Painting Critique with Lyn Bolen Warren
- April 27– “Sketching as a Practice” with Carole Pivarnik
- May 18– Transcendence in Nature” with Mary Margaret Pipkin
- June 22– Member Painting Critique with Kelly Lonergan
- July 27– To Be Announced
- August 24– Member Painting Critique with Trish and Sue
- September 28– “Inside the Artist’s Studio” with Pat Williams, Trish Crowe, and Leigh Culver
- October 26– “Using Negative Shape to Create Detailed Paintings” with Mary Allen
- November 23– Annual Luncheon and swearing-in of new officers
- December– No meeting
2020 Programs to Date
February’s “Acrylic Pouring Technique” with Jan Settle
At CVWG’s February 24 meeting, artist Jan Settle presented one of the most fun demonstrations CVWG has seen. Jan chose a member, Judi Ely, to come up and do an acrylic pouring painting as Jan instructed her in the various steps involved. Due to the technique, every painting is unique and can’t be replicated. Jan Settle teaches this technique at Gallery 3 Fine Art in Sperryville, VA.
January’s “Brushes? Pencils? Water?” with Kitty Dodd
Artist Kitty Dodd led our January 27 program at our monthly meeting sharing her tips and techniques for producing water media.