We hope you remember that our new address on the web is www.CVWG.art. Bookmark us and visit us often!
Something New for You…a Podcast!
Guild Member and Membership Director Rosemary Connelly found this great 21 minute podcast about finding creative ways to prioritize your art and find time during your day to paint more. This is from National Public Radio (NPR) so you can be sure of its quality. Be sure to turn up the volume on your computer/pad/phone and give it a listen!
Member Helen Gregory will be joining our team to help publish this website and to continue to introduce new online services and content. Thanks, Helen!
“This juried exhibition asks the accepted artists to create a 6″x 6″ piece of art each day for 30 days. The 30 finished pieces are then mounted onto a display board. The entries consist of a large range of types of art including sculpture, fabric, collage, tile work, watercolor, glass, pottery, painting and many other media.”…Rockingham Fine Arts
An opening reception for the exhibition will be held this Friday, March 6, from 5:00 PM-8:00 PM at VMRC, 1491 Virginia Avenue, Harrisonburg, VA. The exhibit will be on display during the month of March. Below is a map for your use.
Member Peg Sheridan is staying busy by…
- taking a week long workshop with Sterling Edwards in Florida in December;
- working with children in Staunton’s homeless shelter, doing art projects, once or twice a month;
- being nominated for an Award of Artisitic Merit through the Louisa Arts Center …stay tuned for results;
- recently teaching watercolor painting to a high school gifted and talented/Art III group;
Most recently, Peg has been juried into the Queen City Plein Air Festival, in Staunton, April 14-19. Keep an eye on that event and we’ll try to update you as it gets closer.
Peg has updated her workshop offerings through May 2020. You can find her latest offerings on her website at http://www.pegsheridan.com/upcoming-classes.html. A reminder that Peg is the leader for our May 11 Guild Workshop, The Value of Value Sketches.
This Month’s Guild Meeting
A reminder that this month’s meeting is on March 23 when:
- Your monthly painting “challenge” is “Wedding or Winter Wonderland”: Create art of a scene dominated by whites and shadows, the topic of this month’s CVWG one-day workshop led by Robin Poteet.
- The program will be a critique of members’ art by Lyn Bolen Warren. With a little over 2 weeks to go, all members’ have plenty of time to get started on a new painting!